About Saskatoon's Lions
With four Lions clubs serving the Saskatoon region, we support a wide range of community groups, charities, and and initiatives. Our Lions clubs regularly collaborate to serve our community better. Join us and make a difference in your community.
While each Lions club carries out its own programs, fundraisers, and donations, all four Saskatoon clubs support several projects jointly that have huge impacts at home and across Canada. Here's an overview of some of the important work we do.
- Recycling Used Eyeglasses: We collect used eyeglasses which are recycled and distributed to those in need around the world. Donations can be dropped off at most optometry clinics or 250 Hunter Road. Last year we collected over 12,000 pairs of glasses.
- Dog Guides: We raise funds to support Canada's Dog Guide Program with two dog walk fundraisers each year. Lions' Dog Guide provide much needed support to individuals with a range of disabilities including vision loss, diabetes, and autism.
- School Sight: This program ensures students-in-need in Saskatoon schools can access eyeglasses. Lions receive a contribution from the Saskatoon Community Foundation to administer the program and since 2014, over 200 pairs of glasses have been distributed to Saskatoon students.
- Music for the Gut: Celebrating over 9 successful years, our Lions support the Music for the Gut Concert, a fundraiser for Crohns and Colitis. Our clubs sponsor the annual event and support the sale of 50/50 and raffle tickets.
- BBQ Fundraisers: Saskatoon Lions make a mean hamburger. We regularly volunteer with schools and charities to support their fundraising initiatives.
Lions Clubs of Saskatoon
Downtown Lions Club
Nutana Lions Club
Martensville Lions Club
Meets 7:00pm on the third Tuesday of each month at the Lions Heritage Centre (6th avenue south in Martensville).
President: Geoff Passy
Secretary: Doug Ward
Treasurer: Maria Fowler
Millennium Lions Club
Meets 6:45pm on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the Cave (2720 8th street east).
President: Sara Simpkins
Secretary: Tom Armstrong
Membership: Brenda Armstrong